[thelist] CSS or table?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Aug 28 15:50:24 CDT 2001

>  Just out of curiosity here, would a layout done with CSS
>  be completely static, or can you make it liquid as with
>  tables? I've never tried to use CSS for layout, I am to
>  in love with tables. My better-half has her screen
>  resolution set higher than mine and when she shows me
>  some sites that are bunched up in the top left corner,
>  or sitting in the middle of the screen with loads of
>  space all round, I don't think it is a particularly
>  pleasing design.

You can make your site liquid with CSS positioning with the use of
elements such as 'relative' for the positioning, leaving height and
widths undeclared, or using percentages. I chose to go the liquide
rout with my own site. I'm actually very pleasantly surprised with
what we can be done with CSS2. I've found a new joy in the simple art
of HTML.
--

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com