[thelist] Install/uninstall ie6

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Wed Aug 29 09:18:10 CDT 2001

hiya!

so i asked my systems' guys to setup an install of IE6 for me and they said
"well, you know, IE6 doesn't install or uninstall correctly. so if there's
problems, we'll have to rebuild your machine from scratch. even if you keep
IE5.5 you'll have problems."

so i said, "ok, let's just attach the zip drive to my machine and back it up
before the install."

but it turns out our zip drive is broken! <sigh> so before i embark on what
is apparently a one-way course into eternity, has anyone else heard of this?
are they just giving me a hard time?

have any of you installed and uninstalled IE6 without blowing up your NT4
box?? have any of you heard of this uninstall problem?

tia,

Systems Inc.