[thelist] Install/uninstall ie6

Hershel Robinson hershelsr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 10:08:49 CDT 2001

> One method of limiting the level of destruction caused by a system
> failure is the separate the various parts of your system into individual
> partitions (or even better, drives).
>
> For example, here's my current setup:
>     1: Win2000 (active and operational setup)
>     2: Programs (all my software / games)
>     3: Data (All my data and application config files if possible)
>     4: Win2000 (Base version for easy recovery)
>
> This means that if, for some reason, my win2000 setup gets stuffed, I
> will always be able to recover as much of my system as possible.

I do the same thing and it has saved me more than once.  I could also
suggest that your active partition be initially setup to run DOS.  (for
those of you too young to remember, MS-DOS is the name of an operating
system produced by Microsoft in the olden days--for the most part, it
actually worked!)  Then if something *really* tragic happens, you can at
least boot up and look at your system a bit before you have to reinstall
everything.

Hershel