[thelist] Hosting

Chuck Sumpter frodo_tx at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 12:08:23 CDT 2001

--- Marcia <marciaanddarin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am looking for a web host? Any recommendations?
> Thanks in advance :)
> Marcia

Marcia,

Check out http://www.domain-zone.com

==================  blurbs from their site ==========================
For $15/month or $150/yr. you get:

150mb.
100 e-mail addresses
Unlimited Mailing Lists
Unlimited Traffic
Telnet/SSH
Java Servlets

They have a pretty good control panel and tech support has responded to
questions quickly.

Other "standard" stuff includes:

Unique IP Address
Graphical Control Panel
Formmail Script
Hit Counters
Resource Meter
Shared Security Certificate
FrontPage 97,98,2000 Support
CGI-BIN Directory
Site Statistics
Online Help
MySQL Database
Real Audio/Video Support
Free Technical Support
 File Management
PHP Web Programming Language
Web Page Redirection
Search Engine Registration
Web Site Archival
Anonymous FTP
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Email Accounts
Directory Protection
Network Status
PGP Mail
MIME Types
Account Password

Other misc. stuff

The servers are Pentium III 550's with 512 MB RAM and SCSI hard drives. Our
routers attach directly to the routers of 3 internet backbone providers
(Verizon, Qwest, and Global Frontier Center) using multiple 155 Mb/s links.

Each hosting plan comes with an archive utility (no additional fee) that allows
you to backup/restore your site without our intervention.  The backup is
"zipped" and is stored in the space allocated for your site.

I have 2 sites located there now and a fiend has one.  No complaints so far.

HTH

Chuck