[thelist] Running cron on NT?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Aug 29 22:36:10 CDT 2001

At 07:51 PM 8/29/2001, you wrote:
>Can someone give me specifics on how to run a script at certain times on a
>nt system?  I know that you use the "at" command to call the browser with
>the page, but how do you get the page to close after it is done? Or, can
>you load ie in the background?  I searched MS knowledge base, but was
>unable to find anything useful.

What type of web script are you trying to run? If its ASP, convert the page
to VBS and us AT to schedule the script. This way you by pass the IIS
component and run it directly.

If it's Perl, your perl file extensions should be routed by the OS through
the Perl Interpreter even outside of the web server - so just call it
directly. Same with PHP if you are using the CGI version.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys