[thelist] wordperfect docs with math formulas on the web

Michael Knepher mknepher at bluethingy.com
Thu Aug 30 10:04:05 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth Hincks" <liz.hincks at tufts.edu>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 7:16 AM
Subject: [thelist] wordperfect docs with math formulas on the web

> Hi folks,
>     I'm a bit desperate for a solution.  I have several word perfect files
> that have mathematical formulas inside the document.  I want to put these
on
> the web.
>
> I can't create PDFs from them....or does a later version of WP have that
> option?

The newest version of WordPerfect (2002) has built-in support for creating
PDFs. I haven't tried that feature out yet, so I'm not sure how well it
works.

> I tried cutting and pasting the formulas ....If there is a solution
...please
> let me know!

It's a bit brute force, and may not give you the result you want, but have
you considered taking screenshots and stripping out the formulas as
graphics?

Michael Knepher