[thelist] Design Critique

Eric Langlitz feed at chicken3.com
Fri Aug 31 01:09:40 CDT 2001

Hey Jeremy...

I think this is what you should do:

Grab your favorite pen or pencil, and favorite drawing book or sketch pad
and go to somewhere that makes you feel creative (for me this would be in
the late hours of the night in my office with a couple of candles lit while
Siamese Dream is playing) and just draw out your site.

I mean, draw it 5 or 6 times, and put stuff down on paper you would never
put in there...like a cactus, or a dog with wings...just let your mind
wander.

Then, when you are as loose as a goose, start thinking about who and what
you are and how you can represent that visually.  Then, put that writing
utensil back to the paper and let her rip!

Right now, you really don't have anything to critique.  Except that the very
light gray and orange on the big bold white page are almost unreadable (at
least on a Mac's system palette).

So my advice, get your design done before you get to your computer.  Then,
make sure that this site is communicating what it's supposed to - something
about the personal you.

--
Eric Langlitz
Principal