[thelist] When to use SSI for your website

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 3 14:14:47 CDT 2001

I was reading thru the threads on SSI and the one thing
I haven't seen is a recommendation on when to use them.

I am currently working thru Coldfusion, But this isn't for
everyone because of the expense involved.

So my question  is when should I use SSI for a website?
Why would I choose it over other tools? Should I use
SSI in some places in place of Coldfusion?

I am try to put some type of perspective together on
when I should use SSI.

Any insight would be appreciated

Thank You
Kevin