[thelist] Another copyright issue

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 12:46:48 CDT 2001

Hi All

I need a little help in trying to clarify a copyright issue.

When is the copyright the clients and when is it mine?.

Example: The client gives me their copyrighted material for the web page so
at this point it is theirs, correct?

When I construct the web page and add this material, does it and the web
page itself become mine until the client has paid in full? or is it all the
clients because they have given me half the money now?

Sorry to open the copyright issue up again but I didn't seem to find an
answer in the archives. this question is the result of a contract issue I'm
researching now.

Thanks,

Bob
---