[thelist] Book: Principles of Programming

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Thu Sep 6 11:28:43 CDT 2001

Why don't you go to your local college or university bookstore, and check
out what those college kids are reading these days?

Hell, I have a computer science degree, and I never really listened to the
professors anyway.  Just read the books...

Thanks,

	Ryan Finley
	President - SurveyMonkey.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank [mailto:framar at interlog.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 11:21 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Book: Principles of Programming

Can anyone recommend a good book that will explain the theoretical
basics of programming in a language/environment neutral way? There
are so many principles that can be taken to the Nth degree, from
simple recursion to lazy algorithms, that a university educated
comp-sci person would know, but a self-taught person might not think
to look up.

Thanks.
--

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit.
                                   -- Artistotle.

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com