[thelist] limit the size on entry on multiline text areas

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Sep 6 15:50:10 CDT 2001

Scott Schrantz wrote:

> I seem to remember someone (Airtouch, before the merger, maybe?) having a
> more advanced script that, when you reached the max chars, would actually
> delete the last letter so you could never go over 120. Does anyone know if
> that script still exists, or how to modify this one?

That was kind of my thought, so I wrote one :-)  See --

	http://webtuitive.com/tech/examples/textarea.html

It's timer-based, checking once a second, so you can go over 140
characters momentarily, but then it's truncated, probably before
anyone could click a Submit button ...

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --