[thelist] Extranet

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 09:03:26 CDT 2001

Brent,

 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
:  I have been asked to look into building an extranet or some sort of client
: review area on our web site. I have no idea what software is available to
: build this or if I should go with a custom built solution. We are an Ad
: Agency so my boss wants to be able to do things like post pdf's of printed
: pieces for client approval and post project status as well as get client
: feedback online. The other thing they want is for all of the project
: managers to be able to administer the system so it would need a simple front
: end that requires no HTML knowledge. Oh and did I mention they want it to be
: fairly inexpensive? of course)
 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

groove.net - would do all this for you, & there is a free download
version

it has a notepad, file upload area, instant messaging, chat facility,
even a chess game!

it has proved invaluable to us, as we are 5 who all work remotely, and
because of groove, instead of having fortnightly meetings we can
pretty much do everything through groove, telephone & email - and much
fewer meetings (which i love cos i'm not a 'meetings' fan!!)

--
hth
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters.
One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity."
-- John F. Kennedy