[thelist] Participatioon Rates For Communities

joseph gannon ganemanrussell at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 09:59:46 CDT 2001

Hi:

Does anyone know where I can find statistics on online
community participation rates. (Or tell me what has
been your experience)

For example, if you have X number of users registered
to your community, what would one expect as an
acceptable participation rate..e.g: 30% of users visit
community once a week, and of those 25% post or
respond to a question. I am trying to develop
standards for acceptbale use

Thanks

Joe Gannon