[thelist] Netscape 6.1 distorting graphics

sfmalo sfmalo at email.msn.com
Tue Sep 11 03:07:57 CDT 2001

I was shocked after I downloaded Netscape 6.1 on 9/4 when I took a look at
some of my clients' sites' graphics. All of a sudden they look terrible,
especially the photos! After looking at several other sites while surfing
the web, the same holds true. Eeeeek. GIFs and JPEGs alike show distortions
(blocky and blotchy colors, pixels speckling otherwise pristine pictures,
etc.). At first I thought something had happened to my graphics driver or
whatever, but everything still looks as it should in NN4.7 and I.E. 5.5.

Is there any recourse?

Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com