[thelist] page crashing NN4

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 05:54:57 CDT 2001

>isn't 'top' a reserved word?

In JavaScript, but not in HTML.

>Does the use of a reserved word in an element cause problems if you
>don't intend of using js to interact with it?

No.

table.data	{	border-left : 1px #cccccc solid ;
			border-bottom : 1px #cccccc solid ; }

td.data		{	border-right : 1px #cccccc solid ;
			border-top : 1px #cccccc solid ; }

th.data		{	border-right : 1px #cccccc solid ;

These declarations are very likely to cause the crash. Netscape 4 can crash
on any border declaration, the more so if they are in this shortcut format,
the more so if they work on table elements. Remove these, see if it helps.

I noticed

style="margin-left:-10px;width:100%;"

and

Using inline styles in any table element is a sure way to hell in NN4. I
advise you to remove all inline styles from table elements. It might help.

h2.home { margin-bottom : -10px ;}

Dangerous, dangerous...

ppk