[thelist] CNN's Response to Bombing

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Tue Sep 11 13:53:25 CDT 2001

Speaking of caching...Akamai's cofounder is dead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Morehead [mailto:jmorehead at digitalims.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 1:43 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] CNN's Response to Bombing

>Additionally, over the last hour I've noticed they offloaded the images
>various servers to lighten the load on their main server.  This response
>pretty decent in my opinion.

here's an article on news.com about the internet response to the attack...

it mentions the loads placed on the major news sites.  also, google
has cached some of cnn's coverage.  all in all, i've been *very*
impressed with the online response to this tragedy, and that includes
the efforts of this list to help others contact loved ones and

digital ims - developer
(402) 437-0137