[thelist] CF: Determining which DB used.

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Wed Sep 12 11:59:19 CDT 2001

> > Um... no. CFRegistry does work in nonwin formats, but we
> use a "fake"
> > registry for non-win.
>
> Ok, now you are going to have to elaborate. :)  What keys are
> available, and what are the details on the 'Fake' registry?
> Is it an ascii or binary file?  Is it managed by CF or Linux,
> or is it a structure built from system parameters?

I assume the only keys available are the keys that CF makes when it
installs. However, I think you can add keys at will, just like in
Windoze.

As for the details, I simply do not know. I _believe_ it is a simple
text file. Shoot, dig it up and vi it and tell me. :) To be honest, if I
were you, I would simply not use the registry, that goes for both Win
and Solaris. It's not because the registry is bad, or bad under ^Win,
but it would be better to use an .ini file, or the db, to store
information.

The above is my 2 cents, not word of Macromedia, etc.

-Ray