[thelist] Basic E-commerce tools

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Thu Sep 13 12:10:48 CDT 2001

There are many solutions out there, and you seem to know what you want.
Get a list and choose wisely.
Some food for thought.
Have a good idea of what your general budget is before getting into it.
A merchant account for POS terminal or similar is not _necessarily_
going to be allowed to work online.
There is a big difference between a pre-packaged solution and a semi
custom solution. Just keep in mind what your requirements are. If you do
the artwork many software developers are willing to give a break on
their standard prices.
Will you be hosting the application or letting someone else host it?
Your choice of solution needs to work on your hosting platform.

jon