[thelist] web team leadership...

Glenn Hunt ghunt at hds.ca
Sun Sep 16 17:36:05 CDT 2001

I think probably the biggest hurdle is to weed out what people have been
trained on, and what they "know". Many people claim to know PHP, CF,
ASP, Java, Javascript, SQL, DB2, etc....., but many have only a basic
level of understanding.

I think key questions would revolve around how many sites they have
built based on a particular technology that is key to your organization.
Ask for examples. If you know the technology, you can usually discover
an applicant's level of expertise with a few key questions.

WRT the classifieds, make sure you are clear about the technologies and
expertise you are looking for.

Glenn Hunt
ghunt at hds.ca