[thelist] JavaScript opener reload (with a twist)

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Sun Sep 16 21:50:12 CDT 2001

Here's what the netscape JS Docs say:

replace
-------
Loads the specified URL over the current history entry.

Syntax replace( URL)

Parameters
	URL - A string specifying the URL to load.

Description
The replace method loads the specified URL over the current history
entry. After calling the replace method, the user cannot navigate to the
previous URL by using browser’s Back button.

If your program will be run with JavaScript 1.0, you could put the
following line in a SCRIPT tag early in your program. This emulates
replace, which was introduced in JavaScript 1.1:
	if (location.replace == null)
	location.replace = location.assign

The replace method does not create a new entry in the history list. To
create an entry in the history list while loading a URL, use the
History.go method.

Method of Location
Implemented in JavaScript 1.1

--------------- end of blatent cut and paste -------------------

All you will need to do is generate the new URL like so:

	var oldDoc=document.location.toString();
	var newDoc=oldDoc+"#anchor";
	location.replace(newURL);

I hope this helps.