[thelist] OT: TheList and politics

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Sep 17 02:12:53 CDT 2001

I appreciate how large an issue the events in the US are, but I subscribed
to a web development list. If I want news, opinions and politics, I'll
subscribe to a news, opinions and politics list.

If you really want to discuss such issues with members of TheList, can I
suggest that The Chat is a better place.

<tip type="Linux from Windows & vice versa">
If you work with a mixed Windows and Linux combination, you may want to take
a look at a products called VNC. This allows you graphical access between
Windows and X machines.
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

I use it to access my work Windows 2000 machine from my home RedHat Linux
machine. I can access my email and calender in Outlook, run log queries
before I get to work on Monday morning and access Office documents without
even needing to convert them to work in one of the Linux office-type tools.
</tip>

Steve Cook
web strategist
Evitbe AB
031-15 16 17   031-890 365   0703-13 26 31
steve.cook at evitbe.com       www.evitbe.com