[thelist] Coldfusion/SQL:queries:maxrows

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Mon Sep 17 07:47:36 CDT 2001

You can use TOP, if your DBMS supports it, to return the first X rows.

It works like so...

SELECT TOP 10 	Name, Foo, Goo
FROM			tblBlahBlah
WHERE			Name LIKE '%Newman%' OR Name LIKE '%Aboot%'

I would assume that this would be quicker than using MAXROWS.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus