[fwd] [thelist] Replacing Carriage returns in Javascript

Dave Dufour dave at du4.com
Mon Sep 17 20:50:55 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

I have an application in which I need to replace carriage returns/line
feeds
with a little-used character that can be converted back by another script.
Can anyone tell me how to do this in Javascript?  I know about the
string.replace() function, but I have no idea how to refer to carriage
returns and line feeds.  In VBScript there is CHR(10) and CHR(13).  What
is
the equivalent in Javascript?  I've pored over O'Reilly's looking for it.

Thanks in advance.

Dave