[thelist] failure notice (& CF TIP)

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Sep 19 09:41:35 CDT 2001

Hi Dan!

If one has that file, does it mean that the server *has* been infected by a
worm, or is it that the file is a security loophole?

I ask because root.exe is on our Win 2000 server, but as that is sitting
behind what I consider to be a *very* secure firewall I find it hard to
believe that anyone has compromised our box.

Having found the file, is there anything else in particular I should be
looking for?

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net