[thelist] virus and readme.eml

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Sep 19 13:10:28 CDT 2001

 >is it true that a readme.eml file is part of this nasty ADMIN virus
 >spreading around?  I saw one embedded in a webpage, occuring as a popup

Yuppers. That would be so. When it gets spread through email, it's
README.EXE, when a webserver has been infected, it does the README.EML,
which is autodownloaded by Internet Explorer 5.0 (unless you're patched).

You may want to email said webserver and let them know about Linux.

--
Morbus Iff ( i am your scary godmother )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/