[thelist] Javascript or ASP?

Pete Freitag pf at cfdev.com
Wed Sep 19 19:30:25 CDT 2001

I'd have to agree with Ray here (Server Side), This isn't a complex
computation for the server to perform, so I don't think your saving much
server load.  Even the slowest processors these days can execute millions of
instructions per second.  Sending lots of unnecessary data to the client is
potential much more slower, as far as total response time on the client.

If I had more time I'd run a test, but I think you would find the server
side would win the battle.

Pete Freitag (pfreitag at cfdev.com)
CFDEV.COM
ColdFusion Developer Resources