[thelist] Virtual PC as a Windows testing environment in aMac World

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Thu Sep 20 15:11:20 CDT 2001

> - I don't get edu. Discounts or anything so 500 bucks including monitor
for
> a relatively hassle-free Dell was an awesome bargain

Ditto what the others have said.  "Come over to the dark side".  With a PC
you can also run some server software on it that might not run as well on a
emulator.

Another 2 cents, when looking for a cheap PC, I'd recommend going with a
used Dell, which I've found to be extremely hassle-free in terms of
hardware.  Compaqs are a nightmare, Gateway is getting worse every year it
seems, HP's can be quirky, etc.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s