[thelist] PHP upload files

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Sat Sep 22 11:29:04 CDT 2001

John Corry writes:
> I'm working on some scripts on my workstation/development machine (IIS 5,
> Win 2K, PHP 4.0.5) and can't get my form to accept a file as input.

and

> I'm trying to allow usrs to upload image files from their client to the site
> with an <input type="file" name="photo"> in my form.

Been doing pretty much the same thing except with Apache, and found a
PHP tutorial at Melonfire <www.melonfire.com> that was very helpful.
Look under the title "Beam Me Up, Scotty."

It actually invokes ftp on the server, so that might be a stumbling block
for you, but last night I got it debugged (my PHP file size limit was
set too low) and cleanly uploaded a few files over 50MB in size.  Now I
just have to fix my separate download CGI to recognize files with embedded
spaces in their names....  Anyway, good luck!