[thelist] NN4.7 only displaying A:link, etc. properties - CSS

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun Sep 23 14:45:36 CDT 2001

> Also FYI, I placed a period before the A's only for purposes of
> emailing this message so the code would not display as HTML.

hi sharon

i'm pretty sure this is not necessary, as the only thing
that gets through to the list is plain text

so any email reader that is capable of formatting html
in emails would have to switch modes halfway through
displaying a post containing actual tags, which is unlikely

i have heard, but am unable to remember specifically which one,
that there is one email program which chokes on the <html>
tag (like i just wrote there -- so if you don't see this part of
this paragraph, let me know!)

but all other tags have always made it through without any
special considerations

introducing spurious periods or spaces is only going to
confuse some of us, so let's try typing the actual tags and
if anybody's emailer barfs, please let us know...

but i really don't think we need to worry

i mean, otherwise we wouldn't see all those lovely TIP tags,
which, if interpreted as html, should actually disappear

<tip>
use this bookmarklet (thanks to david weingart who posted it on metafilter)
to increase the font size of any web page by 20% (watch for wrap,
bookmarklets are all on one line) --
javascript:function%20fs()%7Bs=document.styleSheets%5B0%5D;if(s==null)%20re
turn;for(i=0;i%3Cs.rules.length;i++)%7Br=s.rules%5Bi%5D;if(r.style.fontSize
!='')%7Bf=r.style.fontSize;n=parseInt(f);u=f.substring((n+'').length,f.leng
th);n+=Math.round(n*0.2);r.style.fontSize=(n+u)}}};void%20fs()
</tip>

rudy
http://rudy.ca/