[thelist] Windows Keyboard Shortcuts

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:22:17 CDT 2001

In addition to the neat little Windows Key combinations (didn't know about
the W+D)...here are a few other things that you can do with the keyboard (I
find using the keyboard much more easier) :

Version : 9x (haven't tried it on ME, 2K, or XP)
Cool Thing : Restart

If you have ever wanted to restart your windows session, but not the entire
machine (ie, CTRL+ALT+DEL), then this tip is for you. Start menu shutdown,
restart. Hold down the left shift key (only works with left shift), and hit
OK or press enter. Only window will restart, and not your entire machine.

<tip author="Burhan Khalid">
When looking for shortcuts, look for underlined letters. This are usually
mated with the ALT key for short cuts. In explorer, alt+d will take you to
the address bar, and even better, highlights the entire contents of it! I
find this quicker than clicking the mouse.
</tip>

Regards,
Burhan Khalid
burhankh at hotmail.com | members.evolt.org/burhankhalid