[thelist] site critique please

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 09:30:34 CDT 2001

> :  if you have the time could you possibly show me exactly how i should
> :  code the <a href> tag to incorporate the onclick and the style -
> :  bearing in mind a target will be needed - frame name is gwhMain
>
> Try
>
> onclick="gwhMain.location.href = '[same as anchor]'; return false;

I've had some luck using "this" within links when refering to the
url. I'm not sure if this is a valid use of "this" or not but it seems to
work okay and can save you some time in situations like this one. I reckon
you should be able to use:

onclick="gwhMain.location.href = this; return false;

in all the links, rather than specifying the url twice per link.

I've knocked up a quick example that displays the value of 'this' for a
few links using alert(). Seems to work:

http://members.evolt.org/simonc/lab/this.html

HTH,

Simon