[thelist] win yourself some Amazon vouchers

Ross Lynch kernel at esatclear.ie
Tue Sep 25 10:59:37 CDT 2001

> http://www.accurum.net/estores/eurosimm.nsf/master

First of all, it was a bit slow to load: ~30 seconds
on a 64k line.

You could possibly speed that up a bit by taking the
text from splash.jpg and making it a GIF. Then
lowering the quality on the rest of the image.

The site "breaks" when you go bigger than about
1024x768. I run 1600x1200. I would never normally
run my browser full screen in that res, but if I
happened to have it quite large for your site:

. The text spreads right across the page. This makes
is impossible to follow and read. Consider
restraining it within a fixed width table.

. In addition, your green top bit just stops and the
upper links in white continue out across the page.
You can't read them against a white background.
Consider making that green background spread to 100%
width.

I'm getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" intermitantly
on some of your main frames. Server issues?

The logo is predominantly green and doesn't contrast
very well with a green background. it kinda gets
lost.

The icons for the LHS links look tacky. Are they
supposed to be CDs? Consider individual icons,
maybe... at least for the home page.

PRODUCTS PAGE
=============

1. I don't understand why you list all products and
then have links to the individual products in the
nav bar. If I was you I'd display details & images
of four or five products on that page and let the
users click into whatever products they want.

2. I like the ordering interface. It seems simple
and clear.

** General Navigation Note
You've left the visitors without an obvious direct
way back to the original page without using their
browsers back button. That's terrible! Consider
having the full navigation system from the front
page expand/collapse and users enter and leave
sections of the site.

Your 'configure' form looks good. Plenty of
information. Likewise for the 'quote me' and 'sell
to us'.

I wonder if the 'our needs' might be considered
superflous. Could that information not be
incorporated into the 'sell to us' page?

The tools are good. Nice feature. To implement the
feature that Joshua suggested would be sweet.

All of your information pages seem to be nice a
clearly laid out.

Your search system is fast and displayed the results
clearly.

Nice job.

 -Ross

ross lynch  | me at rosslynch.com  | +353 (0)87 9683368