[thelist] netscape 4 nested tables - YAY!

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Sep 25 17:57:53 CDT 2001

> What I've found is that if you can stay out of going 4 tables *deep*
> like you've outlined above, your pretty safe.

4 is definitely safe

i've gone down 6, and i think you can go 8 safely

try it for yourself, go visit the "massively nested table stress test"
in your browser of choice and see if you notice a rendering
delay as you resize the window (the tables are liquid)

  http://mozilla.org/newlayout/testcases/stress/test6.html

<tip type="html table complexity">
always choose to nest an additional table level
rather than resort to complex colspans and rowspans
</tip>

of course, if you have to nest tables more than 2 or 3 deep,
perhaps you need to re-think the design, eh

;o)

rudy