[thelist] Inline PDFs?

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 06:10:43 CDT 2001

>>> Like this? http://www.nsca-lift.org/PDFSample.htm
>>
>> Thats the one! Thanks for your help,
>>

>"Warning Will Robinson..."
>
>While http://www.nsca-lift.org/PDFSample.htm does indeed appear as an
inline
>PDF on Mac IE 5.0, it does so as a 8 pixel x 8 pixel square (Like a
>collapsed table with a 1-pixel gif in it. Kinda hard to read...
>
>If you hadn't have told me it was there, I would never have known; not much
>good for important content.
>
>(And yes, I have the PDF plug-in, which works fine displaying PDF's within
>the browser window using normal links to PDF files.)

How about an IFRAME? OK, browser support might not be totally wonderful, but
you could always have a link for "open this PDF in a new window" that
appears just below it (or only appears if an early browser is detected by a
sniffing routine)...

Cheers
Jon

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'