[thelist] Our company website : site critique please

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 07:03:11 CDT 2001

Bimal,

 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
: We are looking to improve our website and would be interested
: to get any feedback. Even if people could have a quick
: look and give their impressions that would be very much appreciated.
 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

 i love the overall colours and style  - though the big orange bands
 on the front page are a little distracting

 font on the front page on the left hand side is way to small - & i
 have good eyesight (the optician told me!!) - i can't imagine what
 people with poor eyesight will experience - okay so i've got my IE5.5
 window set to 800 by 600  on a 1600 x 1200 screen - and yes i'm
 probably in the minority - but  still the font is way to small - its
 very hard to read white on dark  bluey bg - at least let me make it
 bigger if i need to iykwim

 the contact info at the bottom is also way to small & really hard to
 read - though it looks very nice

 i haven't time to go thru the whole site, my overall comment would be
 to make the text easier to read - its all way to small and the light
 blue text on dark blue bg - is impossible to read even when it goes
 white on the mouseover

 not sure that i'm overly keen on the scrolling text either - also a
 little distracting and scrolls to quick

 i'd prefer that you didn't open the new windows for the help files
 etc - didn't really seem necessary to me

 & i didn't see anything that was particularly large as a graphic -
 but something seemed to take a while to download, not sure why - & i
 don't have time to look harder

 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
: Our company does web design, e-commerce, applications and hosting.
: There is a flash and non-flash version.
: The site URL is below

 this should have all been self explanatory....

 good luck

--
hth
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters.
One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity."
-- John F. Kennedy