[thelist] Putting a price on redirected traffic

Paola Kathuria paola at limitless.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 12:36:10 CDT 2001

I've decided to remove a high-maintenance on-line directory
that I've been maintaining for the last eight years.

Rather than just removing the site (which started off as a
Usenet FAQ and so didn't generate any money), I wondered
whether there was value in the redirected traffic for me to
offer to one of its "competitors".

However, I have no idea how to put a price on redirected traffic.
Is there a way of working it out?  I have figures for monthly page
views and unique visitors and I also know what the companies listed
in the directory tend to charge customers monthly for their services.

We're not allowed to discuss pricing here but I would appreciate
it if anyone could give me an idea on how to calculate a price
for redirected traffic.

Thanks.

Paola