[thelist] OT: blast from the past

Michael Buffington mike at stirlingbridge.com
Thu Sep 27 09:41:25 CDT 2001

Just thought I'd share this:

http://the.cause.net

This site is a CF 3.0 site that I just pulled out of storage, and placed
proudly in my best glass display case.

As it turns out, the success of this site way back in the good old days of
1997 is probably one of the reasons why I even stuck with using ColdFusion
in the first place. It was one of my first "for fun only" sites.

Check it out, it's a hoot.

The New York Times called it one of the most pointless sites they'd ever
seen. What an honor!

<tip type="ColdFusion" author="Michael Buffington">
The ColdFusion 5.0 documentation claims that you cannot use the regular
expression functions REFind, REFindNoCase, REReplace, and REReplaceNoCase on
strings greater than 20,000 characters in length.

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, as you can easily use strings in any
size. I've tested it with 22,000 characters, 200,000 characters, and even
750,000 characters and it works just fine.
</tip>

Michael Buffington
http://www.michaelbuffington.com

ColdFusion 5.0 Developer's Guide