[thelist] MS Access to SQL Server: METAFILE Images

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Sep 27 17:24:29 CDT 2001

Joe,

> do a response.write of the thing, save it as foo
> see if by testing some extensions you get something more out of it.
>
> Alternately:
> if it really is not a /file/ but rather some kind of random data object
> - and if it is a vector file - maybe you can transmute it to a WMF -
> which would be a native file of some kind.

    Excellent suggestions. Unfortunately, I came up with nothing.
Interestingly, I can copy the database object in Access and then paste it
into any number of other applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), where
it typically displays without problem.
    If I were to *manually* manipulate these files, I could easily translate
them into some standard format, but that isn't practical...
    Thanks.

James Aylard