[thelist] Netscape weird behaviour in top half of browser (so what's new?)

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Thu Sep 27 20:37:27 CDT 2001

hi,
Netscape can be pretty frustrating, but there's usually a reason for it.
First off you could clean a couple of things up:

* Add a closing </body> tag

* Add object testing to the javascript functions to stop errors in NS4:
enclose the contents of your showhide and changetext functions like this:

    if(document.getElementById){
        //do dom specific stuff
    }

* You have an all enclosing table on line 58 that's missing <tr> tags (at
The closing </tr> should be on line 2116.

And the reason the links aren't selectable is on line 57, this :
cellpadding="2">

should be this:

Obviously the "align="left" " is causing something to cover the links.

Hope that helps,
Richard.
www.richardinfo.com