[thelist] going solo?

Glenn Hunt ghunt at hds.ca
Fri Sep 28 16:01:13 CDT 2001

Jack,

That's an excellent record! My position is different in that I work for
serveral companies simultaneously. At any one time I am working on about
6-8 different projects. I try to keep my hopper full by looking out
beyond the current work at hand. That takes time. On the other hand, I
don't lose 30%. I work at home, which helps with a lot of expenses, but
they are still there.

I prefer this type of setup much more than working on a "sub-contractor"
basis, because I determine my hours, I determine *what* I work on, and
*when*. The flexibility is marvellous. I don't have to tell anyone in
advance. That flexibility means that I can switch to a different project
when my head is about to explode from the one I am working on. Many
times I come back to the original project with a fresh mind, and solve
problems in minutes that I slaved over for hours before.

Glenn Hunt
ghunt at hds.ca