[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Sep 28 16:27:56 CDT 2001

An axe just fell. Not 'THE' axe, but an axe nonetheless. The VP of Marketing
just popped by to let me know that we need to get him connected to the web
server so he and his team can take over maintenance via Dreamweaver.

That's fine with me, as long as I'm not expected to make it work when it
doesn't. I mentioned that a certain amount of hand-tweaking was inevitable,
and he said that at his last company (he was VPM there as well) he built an
entire site using FrontPage and had no problems with cross browser
implementation. I think he's clueless about web design, but maybe it's me.

On a scale of your choosing, how close can Dreamweaver come to creating true
x-browser code in the hands of a non-technical person?

spinhead