[thelist] flock in perl

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Mon Oct 1 05:50:37 CDT 2001

Any perl gurus out there like to give me and idea on the time perl takes
when using flock?
I'm trying to increment a file as a certain image is called, and the image
is called numerous times on a given page depending on the information given
by the user.
The image is called for the first instance but then is ignored for the
remainder.  The <src> tag is inserted into the page as it should but the
file is not written to.

So is there a limitation?

Thanks also to the responses for the textarea input.  I haven't got round to
trying the suggestions yet.  Not enough time in the day.

Thanks
Adrian Fischer