[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

Mark Groen mg at markgroen.com
Mon Oct 1 10:24:12 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

> The marketing folks won't just be tweaking a bit of text here and
there -
> they're planning on building a databased online ordering system and
> reconfiguring the entire site to work with it. Our VP of Marketing
seems to
> know what Ultradev is (not saying he knows how to use it) but I'm
still
> hoping they'll take it and keep it, rather than taking it, breaking
it, and
> asking me to make it work.

> spinhead

Uh oh! Ultradev isn't exactly a walk in the park first time out (IMHO),
even for those familiar with Macromedia products. Macromedia makes great
tools, but you really don't get the full value out of them unless you
know what all those little windows in the properties, etc. boxes are for
and what happens when you change their values. Buy a really FAT Ultradev
developers book/books for him and tell him that it is required reading -
all of it - to get Ultradev to work properly..

> Minor tangent: he seemed astonished that I do virtually all my work by
hand
> with a text editor (TextPad, actually.) He's under the impression the
'real
> professionals' don't do anything by hand, or at least, not much.
Comments?

ROTFLMAO!!! Most of us would not be in business if it wasn't for text
editors.

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development
www.markgroen.com