[thelist] CF Session Variables

Bimal Shah bimal.shah at venus.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 09:39:33 CDT 2001

You may want to enable "full checking" of shared scoped
variables (includes session), see below

Bimal

http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=20370&Method=Full
Full Checking
For each of the shared scopes, there are options on the locking page of the
ColdFusion Administrator to enable full checking. This feature will cause
the server to throw an error whenever an unlocked read or write access to a
shared scope variable is discovered.

It is highly desirable to enable this feature on your development server
before you begin your project. Doing so will force all developers on the
project to lock variables appropriately to make their code work. This
feature can also be useful to quality assurance personnel while testing an
application. If there is no doubt that all shared scope variables in an
application have been locked prior to "going live," it is recommended that
this feature not be enabled in production because performance degradation
will occur due to the overhead associated with checking all accesses to
shared scope variables. However, unless QA testing can confirm that all
variables have been locked, use of this feature should be considered as a
fail-safe to ensure protection against inadvertently unlocked variable
accesses.