[thelist] Two or more sessions on same pc (coldfusion)

Bimal Shah bimal.shah at venus.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 09:48:29 CDT 2001

I am looking for a way in which I can recognise when two or more
browser windows to a site have been launched (on the
same pc) when using coldfusion (ie treating them
as two or more seperate sessions).

When a user first comes to the site we set up their
session (login authentication etc), the cookie 'passes' each
request with the cfid and cftoken but this seems to be the same
on any number of sessions (browser window launches) on the
same PC (thus killing a session in one window kills both of them).
Looks like this is a limitation of using cookies.

I was thinking of manually tracking the cfid/cftoken pair
via urls/form submissions but this will open up
security issues (and if people open new windows from the original
window (like right-clicking/open) it will retain the original
cfid/cftoken pair.

Thanks

Bimal

---