[thelist] Re: [thechat] ASP vs. ASP.Net - Anyone made the move?

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 14:18:28 CDT 2001

> Excellent! This will put off any "do-overs" on existing stuff for a while.
> Is the "<%%>" really gone, or does it still exist even in .Net when
> converting? Just locating those little tags could be a costly,
> time-consuming, exercise in thousands of ASP pages. You can't just
> eliminate them, can you?!

Actually, I think you can, if you can be bothered. You know when you get a
message that has been forwarded a few times and you get all those >>>>>>>
preceding every line of text, well my wife copies it into Word and then uses
the replace function to change > into a space. I have no idea if this will
actually work with code, so don't take this as a recommendation, but it
might be worth a try.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk