[thelist] trying to learn about locking (was: Re: CF Session Variables)

Glenn Hunt ghunt at hds.ca
Wed Oct 3 23:52:01 CDT 2001

Sandy,

Below is a "best practices" for CFLOCK:

               CFLOCK BEST PRACTICES
Struct	Type		Best Practice

Application	EXCLUSIVE	NAME="<application name>"
Application	READONLY	NAME="<application name>"
Session	EXCLUSIVE	NAME="#Session.SessionID#"
Session	READONLY	NAME="#Session.SessionID#"

OR USE "SCOPE=" EXCLUSIVELY. [Ray's Preferred Method]

Thanks to Ray Camden for his help in this.

I can't answer to whether "session swapping" is possible, but I would
think that if all locking is done properly, this shouldn't be possible.

Glenn Hunt
ghunt at hds.ca