[thelist] Testing for the existence of a named spawned window

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Thu Oct 4 09:16:14 CDT 2001

[04.10.2001 - 14:16 Uhr]
The Optimizer wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Can somebody tell me how in javascript to test for the existence of a named
> window that has been spawned from the window that is testing?
>
> TIA
>
> Chris Marsh

Not having a straight-forward solution in mind, I'd approach this
problem by setting a variable upon opening the 'sub-window', and
resetting it to it's empty-state on a onclose-event of the
spawned-window.

not very clean, and probably even not very reliable, but it might be a
start, and I'm curious to see other peoples solution : )

david