[thelist] Testing for the existence of a named spawned window

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Thu Oct 4 09:34:07 CDT 2001

<snip>
somebody tell me how in javascript to test for the existence of a named
>window that has been spawned from the window that is testing?

Open it like this

var newwin = window.open(etc)

Then check

if (newwin && !newwin.closed)
{
  window is open
}
</snip>

I think I know where this is going...
I have a page where we link to several other websites, so for each link I
have something like this

The marketing people didn't want people "leaving" our site so they made the
popUp mandatory.  Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has already written the
code to
1) detect if the window is already open
2) if it is, bring it to the front

Thanks,