[thelist] <UL> in Netscape 6

Lischke, Katherine L. klischke at logicon.com
Thu Oct 4 13:07:46 CDT 2001

<snip>

>I noticed that all the pages on our website do not display the bullets in
>Unordered Lists or the numbers in Ordered Lists.  Has anyone seen this
>behavior before?
>
>Here is a link to one of the pages.
>
>http://www.ode.state.or.us/cifs/

<snip>

Netscape 6 appears to be choking on these lines in your external style sheet:

ol, ul {
   padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
li {
   padding: 4px 0px 4px 0px;
}

I tried saving a local version of your style sheet and the page you linked
to. When I removed those lines from your style sheet, the bullets show up
as you intended them. I have a vague memory of having struggled to get NS6
to accept paddings on list items without going wonky, does anyone else know
more about that?

Hope this helps,

Kathy